I am a victim of Domestic Violence. What can I do?
You are not alone: 1 in 3 relationships involve Domestic Violence. Some general things you should learn about include:
- All the different aspects of domestic violence
- Plan for your safety
- Internet and technology safety
- Where to find help
For more information about the above, contact the Utah Domestic Violence Coalition. They have information about what you can do as well as a list of many resources available. Utah Legal Services can help with the following legal remedies:
- Dating Violence Protective Orders
- Stalking Injunctions
- Cohabitant Protective Orders
- Divorce and/or Custody issues
- Housing issues
- Plus more . . .
If you are in immediate danger, you should call 9-1-1. There are also hotlines available to help:
- Utah Domestice Violence Hotline: 1-800-897-LINK (5465)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)