See All Topics
You have specific tenant rights as a victim of domestic violence.  You can get new locks or end your rental contract.   How do I get my landlord to change my locks? Write a letter to the landlord asking them to change the locks.  Keep a copy of the letter.  You must also give the landlord a copy of the police report or protective order, and pay the cost of installing the new lock. After receiving the letter and documents, the landlord can rekey the lock or change the entire lock.

Our Partners

Utah Legal Services is a Legal Services Corporation (LSC) grantee. We are required to notify donors that our funds may not be used in any manner inconsistent with the Legal Services Corporation Act or Section 504 of Public Law 104-134.