No. Your mother is the only one who can create the Power of Attorney and so if she has Alzeihmers, she probably would not be able to. However, you may seek a guardianship and/or conservatorship. For more information about guardianship and/or conservatorship, click here.
Other frequently asked questions about powers of attorney:
- What is a Power of Attorney?
- What are some common uses of the Power of Attorney?
- What is an agent or Attorney-in-fact?
- How do I create a Power of Attorney?
- Does a Power of Attorney last forever?
- What if I become incompetent?
- Can I revoke my Power of Attorney?
- What is the difference between a Power of Attorney and a Guardianship or Conservatorship?
To see all the questions and answers, click here.The information in this site is not intended as legal advice.
|Back to Top of Page|||||Didn't find it? Use Advanced Search|||||Back to Step 1|