Getting Your Deposit Back

          The clerk will tell you how much it costs to file and to serve the defendant (landlord) with the papers and tell you when to come back for the trial.  If you cannot afford the filing fee, tell the court clerk.  You can sue without paying the fee.  You are responsible for getting the papers served on your landlord by the sheriff.  The sheriff's fees will also be waived if you cannot pay.  For more information about small claims court click here.



Below are some of the other frequently asked questions about deposits.

Do I get my deposit back?

How do I get my deposit back?

When do I get my deposit back?

What if I don’t get my deposit back?

How does Small Claims Court work?

How do I get ready for Small Claims Court?

Are there any risks in filing in Small Claims Court?

What happens on my day in Court?

Is there an appeal from Small Claims Court?

To see all the questions and answers, click here.




The information in this site is not intended as legal advice.
Back to Top of Page | Didn't find it? Use Advanced Search | Back to Step 1