Salt Lake Valley
- Clinic for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing: Held every 2nd Wednesday of the month. Located at the Robert G. Sanderson Community Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, 5709 South 1500 West. Phone Number: (801) 263-4861. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact via polycom or video phone. By appointment only.
- Family Law Legal Clinic: Held every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month. Informational presentation starts at 6:00 p.m. The clinic will run until 8:00 p.m. Located at the Scott Matheson Courthouse, 450 South State Street, Room W-19. Family Law Questions only. No appointment necessary. 2012 Closures: July 4th and 11/21.
- Debtor's Counseling clinic: Held the 4th Thursday of every month, excluding Thanksgiving, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.; first come, first served. Located at the Salt Lake City Public Library, 400 South 210 East, Conference Room - Level 4. No appointment necessary. Sponsored by the Utah State Bar, the S.J. Quinney College of Law Pro Bono Initiative, and the Utah Legal Services for issues of bankruptcy and collection defense.
- Street Law Clinic: Held every Tuesday of the month from 5:00 - 7:00 pm staffed by volunteer attorneys. Located at the Horizonte School, 1234 S. Main Street. No appointment necessary. A Spanish speaking interpreter is almost always available. 2012 closures: 4/3, 7/24, and 12/25. No family law matters.
- Tuesday night bar: Held every Tuesday from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Located at the Utah State Bar, 645 South 200 East. Phone Number: (801) 297-7037. By appointment only: call Mondays from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. to schedule.
- Spanish Wednesday night bar: Held every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Located at the Sorenson Multicultural Center, 855 West 1300 South. For Spanish Speaking walk-ins only.
- Medical/Legal Clinic: Held the fourth Friday of each month at South Main Health Center located at 3690 S. Main Street from 3:00-5:00pm. Closed Novemeber 23, 2012. Please call (801) 468-3690 to set up an appointment.
- St. Vincent’s: Held every Thursday from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Located at 200 South 437 West. Phone Number: (801) 363-7710 ext. 114. No appointment necessary.
- Self Represented Litigant Family Law Clinic: Held Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Located at the Scott Matheson Courthouse, 450 South State, Room W-15. Phone number: (801) 238-7440. Family Law Questions only. No appointment necessary.
- 5th South Viaduct Clinic: Held every Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Located under the 5th South viaduct between 600 and 700 West. No appointment necessary.
- Immigration Clinic: Held the 1st Tuesday of every month (closed April 3, 2012) from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Located at 1234 Main Street. No appointment necessary. Spanish speakers usually available, but not guaranteed.
- Employment Clinic: Held the first Thursday of each month at the LDS Employment Office at 780 West 800 S. from 4-6pm; accessible by the 509 and 523 buses. Addressing issues which keep people from obtaining employment (i.e. expungements and warrants) as well as discrimination and wage claims.
- Rainbow Clinic: Held the 2nd Thursday of every month from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.; first come, first served. Located at the Utah Pride Center, 361 North 300 West, Salt Lake City. No appointment necessary. Sponsored by the Utah Pride Center, the S.J. Quinney College of Law Pro Bono Initiative, and the OutLaws. For LGBT-related employment, estate planning, and family law questions.
- American Indian Clinic: Held the 4th Monday of every month from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Located at the Indian Walk-in Center, 120 West 1300 South, Salt Lake City. Sponsored by the S.J. Quinney College of Law Pro Bono Initiative, Utah Legal Services and the Disability Legal Center. Closed Memorial Day (5/28) and Christmas Eve (12/24). Area of Law: Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA), Tribal Land, Family Claim issues, etc.
Utah State Law Library Classes: The Utah State Law Library provides access to a variety of legal resources including court forms, CORIS, and online legal research databases. The Law Library also offers video classes providing overviews of a variety of legal topics, including landlord-tenant, small claims, collecting a judgment, guardianship of a minor and guardianship of an adult.
- Senior Center Services: The Utah State Bar’s Law & Aging Committee coordinates volunteer attorneys to answer questions and provide services to those 60 or over at Salt Lake County senior centers. Call you local senior center for more information. Click on the following link http://aging.slco.org/html/centers_contactinfo.html to find a senior center near you.
- Landlord/Tenant Mediation Program: Provides mediation services to landlords and tenants involved in eviction proceedings in the Salt Lake County area through trained volunteer mediators. This program is a collaboration effort between the Community Action Program and the Utah State Courts. For more information, contact Josie Turner at (801) 359-2444 x. 225.
- Small Claims Mediation: Free mediation offered during small claims court in Salt Lake County by trained volunteer mediators in collaboration with Utah Dispute Resolution. Call (801) 532-4841 for more information.
Please note that these clinics are designed to help low-income Utahns who cannot afford legal representation with advice and other general information. They are not intended to created a client/attorney relationship.
It is important that you understand that clinics will not be held on Legal Holidays and occasionally must be re-scheduled. In addition, dates and/or times are subject to change.
This list is compiled as a courtesy and is current to the best of our knowledge. If there are errors, please contact us.
Find free legal clinics in other Utah counties:
To see available clinics in all counties, click here.The information in this site is not intended as legal advice.
|Back to Top of Page|||||Didn't find it? Use Advanced Search|||||Back to Step 1|