Note:  This is a description of the types of Housing issues that Utah Legal Services may be able to help with.  For information about Housing issues on our website, click here.

Utah Legal Services (ULS) may be able to help with if: 

    • You have received a notice of Eviction and/or received court papers for eviction;
    • Your landlord has locked you out of your apartment without first obtaining a court order allowing him/her to do so;
    • Your home is in the process of foreclosure;
    • Your rental unit is in need of repairs that affect your safety and despite notice to the landlord, s/he is not responsive; 
    • Your landlord claims you have abandoned the property, but you did not voluntarily leave;
    • You have received notice of potential loss of a federal subsidy.

We encourage you to call us to see if we can help you.  We take new calls between the hours of 9:00 am and 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday.  For information on what to expect when you call, click here.  For office locations and phone numbers, click here.  You may also click here for general legal information and other possible resources. 

ULS also helps with these other types of cases:

Other information available: