Note: This is a description of the types of Family Law issues that Utah Legal Services may be able to help with. For information about Family Law issues on our website, click here.
Utah Legal Services may be able to help with the following:
- Assistance in acquiring a protective order when there is violence or abuse by a spouse or cohabitant;
- Assistance in obtaining a stalking injunction when there is violence, abuse or stalking by someone who is not a cohabitant;
- Representation in a divorce proceeding where violence or abuse are a factor;
- Help acquiring a child custody order for the non-custodial parent when there is independent proof of abuse or neglect by the custodial parent/guardian;
- Defense of the proposed ward in a guardianship proceeding (we do not initiate guardianship petitions).
We encourage you to call us to see if we can help you. We take new calls between the hours of 9:00 am and 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday. For information on what to expect when you call, click here. For office locations and phone numbers, click here. You may also click here for general legal information and other possible resources.
ULS also helps with these other types of cases:
Other information available: