¿A que edad me puedo casar?

Usted tiene que tener mínimo 15 años para poder casarce en Utah. Sin embargo, si usted es menor de 18 años, usted necesitará un pemiso:

  • Si  usted  tiene entre 16 y 18 años, usted necesitará permiso de sus padres o su representante legal.
  • Si usted tiene 15 años, usted necesitará permiso de un juez.

Una vez se haya casado, usted no necesita permiso para casarce de nuevo, aún si es menor de 18 años.

A continuación encontrará las preguntas más frecuentes con respecto a matrimonio:

Para ver todas las preguntas y respuestas, presione aquí.

The information in this site is not intended as legal advice.
Back to Top of Page | Didn't find it? Use Advanced Search | Back to Step 1

. . . represented "Laura."  "Laura" had previously experienced domestic violence from her husband but had returned to the relationship. During the early part of the summer, her husband told her he was going to kill her. She didn’t feel he was serious, as he has said things like this before without acting. 

"Laura" came home from work and was about to start dinner when her husband, his sister, and another friend showed up. Her husband started yelling at her and began physically assaulting her brother. "Laura" left the house using the back door.  She got into her vehicle and left and went to a friend’s house.  About thirty minutes later, her husband showed up at the house.

He came into the friend's house without knocking and started pushing people around who were present in the home. He demanded to know where his wife was; "Laura" was hiding in the closet but managed to get out again and ran over to her mother’s house to call the police.

It was there that he finally caught up with her and beat her; he had a gun and put it to her head. He also had a knife and told her he was going to shoot her and then cut her up. The police came in time to arrest him. "Laura" was transported to Duchesne County Hospital with severe injuries.

Utah Legal Services assisted "Laura" in requesting a protective order. A protective order was then filed and granted. The FBI came in and transported the opposing party to a federal facility, where he was arraigned in federal court and is still awaiting trial.