Maria-Nicolle Beringer, on a pro bono fellowship with Dewey LeBoeuf, started to volunteer with Utah Legal Services in March of 2009. Since then, she has taken a case in every subject matter at every stage of the process.
Mrs. Beringer has:
1. Assisted clients at the intake and screening stage;
2. Provided brief advice on the Bankruptcy hotline;
3. Represented Petitioners at their Protective Order hearings;
4. Investigated and developed foreclosure scam cases and then;
5. Helped place the foreclosure scam cases with volunteer attorneys;
6. Researched legal issues in a wrongful garnishment consumer case;
7. Litigated a contested divorce;
8. Worked on a QDRO; and
9. Drafted documents for our Domestic Relations Manual.
There is not a task too small or too large for Mrs. Beringer to handle. We thank you Nicolle for your time and hard work at Utah Legal Services.